This past weekend we celebrated Jason’s birthday with a HUGE house party!
I love to entertain, but I will admit, throwing parties can be a lot of work, especially when it comes to preparing the food!
Since we had over 35 guests, I wanted to find something to serve that…
- Wasn’t too expensive
- Wasn’t overly invovled from a cooking perspective
- Was “hearty” enough to fill people up
My solution…a Nacho Bar!
I kid you not, of all of the parties that I’ve hosted, preparing the Nacho Bar was by far the easiest thing I’ve ever done. I was able to prepare and chop everything in the morning so that I didn’t have to rush minutes before the party started!
Not only was it easy on me, but the guests LOVED it! A nacho bar caters to the picky eater and satisfies everyone’s preferences. Whether you’re a vegetarian or carnevor…I had you covered.
Below are the fixins I bought, but the options are endless!
- Tortilla Chips
- Doritos (Something to spice it up…and these were everyone’s #1 choice!)
- Taco seasoned ground beef (I cooked this up in the morning, then re-heated in a crock-pot an hour before the party!
- Black Beans
- Queso (Velveeta & salsa heated in a fondue pot!)
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped red onion
- Hot peppers
- Black Olives
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Taco Bell Hot Sauce (another crowd pleaser…you can buy it at the grocery store in the mexican aisle)
I HIGHLY reccommend a Nacho Bar for any large party you’re hosting. It’s a crowd pleaser and easy on the host!