Last night we went to Ty’s school art walk, where he showed us all of the art projects he has worked on throughout the first grade year!
I made some treats for the event, which I posted on my twitter, and many of you asked for the recipe.
I actually found the Jello Cookie recipe on Pinterest, so this definitely was not my own concoction!
The kiddos loved them because they are not only colorful, but fruit flavored! Ty also loved helping me make these. Everytime I added in a new jello flavor to the dough, he just HAD to test a piece out and approve the flavor.
So…here you go! Enjoy!
* Original recipe found here.
- 3.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups salted buttersoftened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 (3 oz) pkg jello You can use any flavors you want
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough into 4 sections. Sprinkle 2 Tb of jello onto each section. Knead together with dough. You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to make the dough more vibrant.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of bowl.
- Bake 8 to 10 min at 350 on lined baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.