After a busy weekend, last night was one of those perfect evenings to relax under a blanket, throw on some brain-less TV, and slurp on some homemade lasagna soup!
This is literally the easiest recipe, as all you have to do is throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot…and your stove does the rest of the work!
- Olive Oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 box of chicken stock (32 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- salt (to taste)
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 6-8 whole wheat lasagna noodles (broken into pieces)
- grated parmesean cheese (to taste)
- fresh basil, chopped (to taste)
- shredded mozerella cheese (to garnish)
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and ground turkey.
- Cook until turkey is cooked through.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer until ingredients become incorporated (about 20 minutes)
- Add dry noodles, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) until noodles are cooked through (about 15 minutes)
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesean cheese and basil.
- Dish into bowls and sprinkle with mozerella cheese.